Visual issues with dark (& transparent) windows
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.0beta2
- OS version: 10.14.5 Beta (18F96h)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here: com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
There are a number of visual changes in the current 3.3 beta which, to my eyes, are a bit of a regression. (Caveat: This is probably to some extent an issue of taste, so feel free to disregard of course, especially if there are other constraints behind some of the changes.)
The attached screenshots show the differences between 3.2.8 and 3.3.0beta2 (after enabling a drop shadow for my window, which was present in 3.2.8 but not after installing the 3.3.0 beta).
The main things I notice are:
- The title bar of active windows is darker, matching the color of system windows and making it harder to distinguish between active and inactive iTerm2 windows.
- The ability to use visual effect views for transparent windows has been removed, which to my eye renders them much less usable.
I'm guessing that the latter change was made for other reasons I'm not aware of — but even if it has to happen, it'd be good to have the title bar match the system's title bars, at least as an option.
This is for windows using the automatic/default title bar and tabs, not the newer Minimal/Compact modes. Screenshots attached.