Window/tab names not saved when re-attaching to tmux
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.20190307-nightly
- OS version: Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here https://github.com/lorencarvalho/dotfiles/blob/master/iterm2/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a tmux session with N+1 tabs
- Doubleclick the tab title to change the name (to anything)
- Detach (cleanly or otherwise) & reattach
What happened: The title is not persisted
What should have happened: The title should persist?
Hi! Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior, but I noticed that if I change the title of one of my tabs in a tmux window, upon re-attaching it will be reset to the active program (ssh or bash or python, etc). I anticipate that if I manually set the tab title it would remain despite detaching and re-attaching, but I might be wrong (if so, obviously feel free to close this!)
I should note this is only observed when using the native tmux integration.
Thanks! iTerm2 is fantastic and I love using it.