Session restoration: Minimized windows are not preserved after computer restart
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.7
- OS version: 10.14.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog Will if needed.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample No.
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs No.
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot No.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open a second iTerm window using the Default profile.
- Minimize it.
- Restart or shut down the computer, telling macOS to reopen windows after restart.
What happened: The window that was maximized remains with history.
What should have happened: The window that was maximized remains with history. Minimized windows show in the Dock and can be maximized as needed.
I don't expect true session restoration after a restart, just window history/dividers/etc. This used to work. I'm not sure exactly when it broke. I'm not even sure if it's iTerm-specific, but I can't find anything about Mojave breaking this in a quick web search.