Can't find command in /usr/local/bin
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.7beta4 [P.S. Please make the About box version selectable]
- OS version: 10.14.3 (18D42)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Install something (mosh) into /usr/local/bin (I use homebrew)
- Try to use that as the command in a profile
Session immediately ended with this message: Failed to exec mosh: No such file or directory PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
What should have happened: mosh is in /usr/local/bin /etc/path.d/30-usrlocal contains a line specifying /usr/local/bin
If I understand it correctly that should make mosh available to iterm2.
I can specify the full path to mosh in the profile and that works but I would like to be able to specify the path that iterm uses to include other than the four listed in the error message.
It seems the optimal way to do this is to have iterm use /usr/libexec/path_helper to construct the PATH and MANPATH environment variables.