iTerm2 puts to sleep its child console processes while screen is locked
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.7
- OS version: MacOS 10.13.6
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Launch iTerm2
- Launch a long-running console process, better with progress indication
- Lock the screen using keys Cmd+Control+Q or Lock Screen command in the Apple menu
- Wait some time (1-2 minutes)
- Unlock the screen
What happened: The console process did nothing while the screen was locked. Please note the missing records on screenshot 1. The process in the terminal app worked fine at the same time (screenshot 2).
What should have happened: The console process should work without a pause during a lock.
I also have tryed to run caffeinate alongside the console process (without success). So I think the problem is in iTerm2 itself.