Feature Request / Bug - (with focus follows mouse) changing tab title using command-I on macOS has less than ideal behavior
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.6
- OS version: 10.14
- Attach (/uploads/6edffad0440fa8870c55bef5bc6c75b6/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Settings should have focus follows mouse enabled. Settings should be set so that session title should be displayed in the tab area
- Open two windows side and place them side by side so that the entire desktop is taken up by iterm2 window space. In other words the mouse can only shift focus from one iterm2 window to another.
- Open two tabs in each window so that the little tabs show up somewhere in the window. With a single tab in a window the little tab does not show up
- Lets call the windows left and right.
- Focus on left window (any tab). Hit command I. Edit session dialog box pops up.
- Move edit session window to a place over the right window.
- Make sure focus is on right window before moving mouse into the edit session / preferences dialog box and changing the session name.
- The session name on the right window will change instead of the expected left window which was last being worked on when the edit session dialog was requested with command I
What happened: The wrong window tab gets renamed based on where the mouse was last in focus. Related problem is that the edit session dialog box pops up at a random location (sometimes over the right iterm window) although I had the left window in focus and was working in it. Moving the mouse to the "other" window to change the session name then ends up changing the name on the window tab that the mouse last crossed over to get to the dialog box.
What should have happened:
- Either pop up the edit session dialog box over the window which was in focus - but this is probably not ideal either because for multiple small windows - the mouse could accidentally focus on any window or
- Remember which window was in focus when the edit session was requested using command I and only affect that session