Colors in the included Solarized Dark theme are washed out
Thanks for providing a highly-customizable, feature-rich terminal on macOS. I recently switched to macOS after a decade on Linux and I've been trying out a lot of the interesting features you've added. Before I began trying anything I immediately noticed colors are off. They look washed out. I was using the default settings.
I've verified the color selections match the the Solarized Dark specification, opacity and contrast and bold settings are disabled (Cursor Boost, Minimum Contrast, etc.), window transparency is disabled, and the terminal type is xterm-256color. Is there a color setting that I need to change?
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.20190113-nightly
- OS version: Mojave 10.14.2
- Default ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open your default profile settings and select the "Solarized Dark" color preset.
ls -lA --color.
- Compare to other terminals like the built-in osx terminal.
- Colors in iTerm2 look washed out.
Colors look washed out.
What should have happened:
Colors should match the Solarized Dark specification.