Middle-click paste not working
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.6
- OS version: 10.14.2
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
Nothing like that. Everything is running fine.
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open iTerm2
- ls (say) and select any text in terminal window -- smart selection or otherwise
- middle-click paste does not paste selected text
Middle-click paste has stopped working for me -- even on a clean install. I have "Paste from Clipboard" set in the Pointer section of preferences (but it doesn't matter how I set that). I also have "Copy to pasteboard on selection" enabled, but that, too, doesn't have any effect.
What should have happened:
I want (and have always had in the past with iTerm2) the standard "select with pointer, paste with middle click behavior" common on UNIX systems. I wish I could pinpoint exactly when this stopped working. It may have been with a recent upgrade of iTerm2, but I can't be absolutely sure.