Slow performance with background image on Mojave
iTerm2 version: 3.2.6
OS version: Mojave 10.14.1 (update to date 5/12/2018)
Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample Performance yes, but not sure if relevant.
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs No
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot No
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Brand new MacBook Pro Mojave. Latest Iterm2 Version 3.
- Add a window background image under profiles (does not seem to matter if png or jpg).
When creating new tabs or toggling full screen mode for a window the opening/movement is very slow. Disabling the background image and performance returns to normal. (Changing GPU rendering does not seem to have an effect)