This session’s profile, “Default”, no longer exists. A profile with that name happens to exist.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.6
- OS version: 10.14.1 Mojavecom.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- configuring a new Mac mini
- wait for sync of iCloud, so I get the com.googlecode.iterm2.plist from my old computer
- brew cask install iterm2
- start iterm2
- set "Load preferences from a custom folder or URL" to load the synced com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- after this I remember getting a confusingly worded dialog about copying something locally, I think I answered no. (I have not been able to reproduce this dialog even after reinstalling iterm2)
- restart iterm2
- I immediately get the dialog "This session’s profile, “Default”, no longer exists. A profile with that name happens to exist."
The settings of the profile are not loaded.
What should have happened:
I should not have gotten the dialog. The profile should have loaded properly. The dialog should have clearer error message, it seems to contradict itself.
I have tried restarting, removing the Default profile and adding it again. Nothing helps One thing to note is that my username is not the same in the new Mac, maybe that is a problem?