Prompt marks are not removed when screen clears
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.5
- OS version: 10.13.6 (17G3025)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog[debuglog.txt](/uploads/aada65607de9e9e041295efa9eff76f8/debuglog.txt)
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample No
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs No
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot No
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Run screen
- Set up a trigger with action Prompt Detected
- run some commands which don't output very much
clear(in my bash, C-l is bound to the clear-screen readline function, which also repros the problem)
The screen cleared, but the blue arrows remained, and the prev/next mark keys select these lines
What should have happened:
When the screen is cleared, the marks affected should be cleared, too. Maybe, if the line on which a prompt mark sits is modified at all, the mark should be cleared, or if the line is made blank.
I'm using screen, which is why I'm not using shell integration. It looks like if I don't use screen, C-l clears the marks created by the trigger.