osX Cut and Paste from external app to Iterm is broken
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.5
- OS version:10.13.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog I will attach when I revert back. I have confirmed that this behavior works as expected in 3.2.4 so something changed int 3.2.5. Did I miss a setting when upgrading from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5? I will reproduce and provide logs without personal data.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Paste some data from one iterm window
- select some data (cmd+c) from another application (excel in this case)
- Paste (cmd+v) into iterm and you get the data from the previous iterm selection instead of the current selection
What happened: The previous selection from the iterm window was pasted
What should have happened: The most recent copy selection should have been pasted