Hotkey window trigger gives focus to ALL iterm windows (i.e. not just hotkey window)
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.5
- OS version: 10.14 Mojave
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use a workspace with multiple displays.
- In "primary" display (main macbook screen containing dock), launch iterm2. At this point, activating my pinned hotkey window behaves as expected
- Open another normal (non-hotkey) iterm2 window in secondary monitor.
- Open/give focus to other applications in secondary monitor
- Activate my pinned hotkey window
What happened: ALL iterm2 windows (both pinned hotkey window in primary display + non-hotkey window in secondary display) appear/are given focus. The non-hotkey window in my secondary display is focused and has the active cursor.
What should have happened: ONLY my pinned hotkey window in my primary display should appear/get focus. The cursor should be active in the pinned window in my primary display.
My understanding is that my hotkey trigger should only ever activate my single pinned hotkey window, not every single open iterm2 window. Things seem to work as expected when only in a single monitor, but when using multiple displays, my hotkey window trigger activates all iterm2 windows.