Significant lag after update to 3.2.3
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.3
- OS version: macOS Mojave 10.14
- Attach from ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) - com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog - debuglog.txt.zip
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample - Sample_of_iTerm2.txt
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Run iterm2
- Switch between work areas
- Perform long single letter typing which will produce regular freeze when typing.
What happened: After upgrading to 3.2.3 with new GPU Rendering options on Mojave (didn't test on High Sierra because I've upgraded system first) iterm2 started to lag entire desktop switching. Also typing is freezing when working with terminal. I suspected chrome because I was dealing with GPU on chrome which started to lag entire system. And turning that off helped. Turning off GPU in iterm2 doesn't change a thing.
What should have happened: Disable GPU or check what causes GPU rendering to lag so much.
I attach also sample video showing how it behaves.