Switching tabs causes huge memory leak under GPU rendering
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.2
- OS version: 10.13.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt.gz
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot heap.txt
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Ensure there is a convenient keyboard shortcut for the "Select Next Tab" command.
- Create two tabs in one window.
- Hold down that shortcut, and watch the memory usage climb by hundreds of MB/sec.
What happened: Memory usage climbs at perhaps 200 MB/sec, apparently without limit (I've brought it up to 10GB on one occasion and 8GB on another). After I release the tab-switching shortcut, it shrinks by maybe several hundred MB, much less than the several GB it has grown by.
What should have happened: Memory usage remains roughly constant.