macOS Mojave Security & Privacy Automation Dialog Not Shown
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.1
- OS version: 10.14
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample NO
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs NO
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot NO
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Upgrade to Mojave
- Run an app that needs priveleged access from iTerm, such as
- It will print Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1743.)
What happened: An error message was printed and my app exited. What should have happened: A macOS dialog should've appeared asking either "Don't Allow" or "OK" to add iTerm.app/myApp.app to the list in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation This worked with 3.2.0, but stopped with 3.2.1. The workaround is to downgrade to 3.2.0 and accept when prompted, then run the privileged app in iTerm 3.2.1.