iTerm2 is very slow when the window is resized
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.0
- OS version: 10.13.6 (17G65)
- Attach here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Resize the iTerm2 window
- Observe the time to recover control of the application: it may take up to 10 seconds for the resize operation to complete.
- See attached screencast: the resize icon stays for several seconds to be updated and the spinning wheel goes for long, long after the mouse has been released.
- CPU loads stays at 100% until iTerm2 finally complete the operation (that is, from 10 seconds when running with the iGPU and integrated screen up to 25 seconds when running from the eGPU and external 4K UHD screen)
What happened: Operation completed as I was running a 100 MHz-clock RPi :-)
What should have happened: Operation should have completed in a sub-second time frame.
Thanks for your help.