text rendering issues for terminal emacs in 3.2.0
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.0
- OS version: 10.13.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open emacs -nw -q for the file located at this gist: https://gist.github.com/ngoldbaum/1383ead374326a4b699effa668d31262. Since I'm using -q that disables my emacs settings so it should be reproducible.
- Scroll down a few screens with ctrl-v. There will be text rendering issues.
I'm almost positive this is a new bug in 3.2.0, it was not present in iterm2 until I updated. It's not clear to me how to downgrade to an old version.
Compare the exact same file using the same version of emacs, rendered with iterm2 3.2.0:
And with terminal.app:
What should have happened:
emacs -nw should render the file the same as terminal.app, without the incorrect tabbing.