3.2.0 CPU Usage spikes when Blinking Text Allowed is turned off
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.0
- OS version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plistcom.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at debuglog.txt
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample[Sample_of_iTerm2.txt](/uploads/e43e760dca7afb5eb520105a760e8dba/Sample_of_iTerm2.txt)
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create blinking text in iterm2 (I did blinking in an IRC script)
- Ensure Blinking Text Allowed is turned off (unchecked)
- Note CPU goes to 60-80% spike and stays that way, MBP fan ends up turning on if left long enough
- Turn on Blinking Text Allowed, CPU goes back to normal
What happened: CPU usage spiked in 3.2.0 when Blinking Text Allowed is turned off
What should have happened: Prior to 3.2.0 this was not an issue.