Auto Command Completion disables tab (and other keys)
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.0beta7
- OS version: macOS 10.12.6
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Start typing a command that will trigger auto command completion
- Try to finish the command with TAB to complete
- I want to autocomplete
git checkoutwith tab key
- I type
- Auto command completion pops up with
git checkout masterand some other options, but I want to type a branch I haven't typed before so it's not one of the auto completion options
- Press TAB in attempt to use git autocomplete to fill in
- TAB is disabled because of auto command completion. I must press escape first and then hit the TAB key.
What should have happened:
I understand why this happens, so this is not so much of a bug but more of a feature request. I would like an option to have auto command completion pop-up, but with nothing selected so I can still use all the keys. In order for me to select an auto command completion, require me to hit the down arrow (until I get to the one I want) + enter.