Existing Profiles Disable Metal Renderer After Upgrade
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.0beta6
- OS version: 10.13.5
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Upgraded from older version to 3.2.0beta6
- Went through all profiles removing transparency, ligatures, etc. according to Metal Rendering readme
What happened: Some profiles would not allow Metal Renderer, but if I duplicated those profiles the duplicates would work with Metal Renderer. For instance, the profiles marked "Default" and "tmux_old" would not work, but when I duplicated them to "Black" and "tmux" respectively, the new profiles worked.
What should have happened: The profiles should have worked with Metal Renderer, since the settings were correct.
Additional Information: I have attached my full list of profiles. iTermProfiles.txt