Constant high CPU utilization
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: iTerm2 3.2.0beta3 compiled with MacPorts
- OS version: macOS 10.13.5
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) [redacted]
- Attach a debug log, if possible. [redacted]
1529155520.652660 PTYSession.m:4917 (-[PTYSession drawMetalFrameSychronouslyAndShowMetalView]): Begin synchronous draw for <PTYSession: 0x7f87a1b3b3b0 139x33 metal=1> 1529155520.652666 iTermMetalDriver.m:302 (-[iTermMetalDriver drawSynchronouslyInView:]): Start synchronous draw 1529155520.652708 iTermMetalDriver.m:350 (-[iTermMetalDriver reallyDrawInMTKView:startToStartTime:]): abort: 0x0 grid 1529155520.652729 iTermMetalDriver.m:305 (-[iTermMetalDriver drawSynchronouslyInView:]): Synchronous draw completed. 1529155520.652738 PTYSession.m:4920 (-[PTYSession drawMetalFrameSychronouslyAndShowMetalView]): Finished synchronous draw with ok=0 for <PTYSession: 0x7f87a1b3b3b0 139x33 metal=1> 1529155520.652740 PTYSession.m:4922 (-[PTYSession drawMetalFrameSychronouslyAndShowMetalView]): Failed to draw metal frame synchronously. Try again later.
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Using iTerm2 as usual.
What happened: CPU hogged at >100%.
What should have happened: