Commit 72a74995 is missing in iTerm2 version 3.1.6
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.6
- OS version: 10.13.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? No
- Are you reporting a crash? No
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? No
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Close any running iTerm2 process if any and launch the app (iTerm2 doesn't open any new Window sessions - this is ok)
- Next, click on any other app (iTerm2 is running in background with no active session - this is ok too)
- Now click the iTerm2 app (at this step, iTerm2 launches a new Window session using the default profile - not ok)
What happened: On step 3, iTerm2 would open a new Window session using default profile.
What should have happened: If there are no active sessions running in the background, clicking iTerm2 app should not open a new session. This is commit "72a74995", it should have been included in iTerm2 version 3.1.6 but it is not (please see issue #6616).
Note: Commit 72a74995 adds an advanced pref named Open a new window when you click the dock icon and no windows are already open