Feature request: transparency percentage display
com.googlecode.iterm2.plistThanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version:3.1.6
- OS version:High Sierra
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
This isn't a problem but a feature request. When I use "Terminal" (native to OS X) I end up choosing the "Pro" color scheme. However, in addition to color palette, a transparency is also set when choosing this theme in "Terminal". I found the "Pro" theme for iTerm2, however, I cannot precisely set the exact transparency in iTerm2 as it is in "Terminal"'s Pro theme - 15%. I can eyeball it, but that's just it - eyeballing it, rather than setting it precisely.
Can you add a percentage indicator similar to what is available in OSX' "Terminal" for transparency? That way, we can set the exact transparency level for the window instead of guessing. Better yet, if it can import the transparency from "Terminal" or at least be able to set transparency in a color profile (if it isn't available now), that would be ideal, in addition to being able to see the transparency percentage.