Bitmap font on Retina screen?
I use Monaco 9pth bitmap font (anti-aliasing disabled). This works fine on the external (non-retina) monitor, however as soon as I drag the window to the Retina screen, it looks anti-aliased. What's confusing is: when I drag half of the window to the retina screen from the external monitor, I actually see the bitmap font on Retina, and as soon as I move the whole window to it, the font look changes.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.6
- OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (MacBook Pro Retina 2013 with external display)
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach debuglog.txt
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? No
- Are you reporting a crash? No
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? No
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Have a Macbook with Retina screen and external monitor connected
- Start iTerm2, go to settings and select Monaco 9pt font with antialiasing disabled
- Move the iTerm2 window to the external monitor
- Move the iTerm2 window to the retina screen
What happened: The font looks different
What should have happened: I would've expected to have a bitmap font on retina
External monitor properly displays the bitmap font:
The bitmap font is visible on the Retina screen while the window is being dragged to retina screen:
As soon as the window is moved to the retina screen, the font looks unpleasant:
Here is a video:
Now this might just be an OS isssue and there's nothing that can be done about it, but it has been bugging me for quite some time now.