Garbled output when scrolling in ncurser application
Issue: when running curses-application varnishstat (from Varnish Cache) over SSH to a Ubuntu Bionic server, scrolling down in the curses interface makes the terminal write garbled output.
Expected: same behaviour in iTerm2 as in Terminal.
After exiting the curses application the terminal works fine, no hard reset required.
Originally reported to Varnish Cache here: https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/issues/2665 (incl. screenshot)
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.1.6
- OS version: macos 10.12.6 (16G1314)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang?
None of the above.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Install Varnish Cache
- Start varnishstat, press down-arrow. 3.
As mentioned in the Varnish Cache issue; If I set "TERM=vt100" the problem goes away.
I've experimented a bit with the vttest software, and I'm seeing unexpected output when running " 8. Test of VT102 features (Insert/Delete Char/Line)".
"Insert Character" and "Delete Character" modes does not behave as vttest expects. (ABAAAAAAA instead of "AB" on "Delete Character".) These two work as expected when using Terminal Version 2.7.4 (388.1.2) on the same computer, sshing to the same server.
$TERM is set to xterm-256color.