key repeat stop printing until you release the key
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.6 (and tried 3.1.5 as well)
- OS version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Press any key like "d" down for 10 seconds
- The "d" will print out for the first two characters;
- It stops printing until you release the key;
- You get like 100 "d"s;
- The same issue is not reproduced in Terminal and "d"s will be printed smoothly.
- Also note the following environment setup: the key repeat in the system preference is set to the fastest. the issue will not be reproduced when the key repeat is not set to the second fastest.
What happened: every 'd' should be printed smoothly and in sequence, as in Terminal
What should have happened: first 1 or 2 'd's gets printed, and then hang for sometime until release the button, and a couple of 'd's prints on the screen.