Pasting text when autocomplete-popup is open not working
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.1.6beta4
- OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)
- Attachcom.googlecode.iterm2.plistcom.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) => done
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog -> none
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample -> no
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs -> no
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- enter a command, that has different ending (most of the time)
git checkout feature/my-branch-1
- copy some text into the clipboard, e.g.
- enter the command beginning into iterm, e.g.
- (at this time, autocomplete suggests the command from step 1
git checkout feature/my-branch-1)
- press CMD+V to paste the text from clipboard
- -> the text does not get pasted, ends in nirvana??
- press ESC to hide the autocomplete suggestion
- press CMD+V to paste the text again
- -> the text does get pasted now.
What happened: at step 5, the text did not get pasted. only after closing the autocomplete popup it is working.
What should have happened: at step 5, the pasted text should appear in my iterm prompt at the current cursor position, the autocomplete popup should be closed, since it is no longer matching any previous command.