Trigger with tmux: Open Password Manager results in dialog box opening twice
I use iterm2 to ssh to a linux machine and the linux machine has a tmux session running with multiple "windows". (I tried iterm's tmux integration but I didn't like it as much as regular tmux).
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.5
- OS version: 10.12.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- In iterm2 shell, ssh to a linux machine that has a tmux session running. Attach to the remote machine's tmux session.
- Fire a trigger by entering a sudo cmd (trigger regex is like "password for george:"). Trigger is configured to Open Password Manager with a default account.
- After Pw Mgr dialog opens, press RETURN to send pw. Pw Mgr dialog disappears. Pw is accepted by sudo.
- Wait about 0.5 secs. Pw Mgr dialog pops-up again! Press ESC to hide Pw Mgr.
What happened: Pw Mgr appears twice. Without tmux, trigger works ok.
What should have happened: Pw Mgr appears once.