Changed font that was a duplicate in my system - iTerm2 froze and will not restart; Key: no documentation on how to change specific entries in the .plist
Thank you for this great software. In what follows is what I hope is useful information. I have chosen to present it in a bit of a tongue and cheek manner that hopefully has you :-))
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version:Latest (Nov 6, 2017) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- OS version:High-Sierro 10.13.2
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- change profile text preference to a corrupted font
- watch iTerm2 hang, force quit
- restart iTerm2, watch it hang
- read documentation; only find a way to delete all my prefs
defaults delete com.googlecode.iterm2
- search google for solutions
- try and find a search tool in the iTerm online documentation; can't find one
- fill out a report
What happened: tried my best to fix it myself.
What should have happened:
- should have found a way to open iTerm2 with a different or safe profile (conjuring the concept of rebooting in a safe mode).
- should have seen documentation on how to change specific settings in the plist (opening it vim or other is 1. clearly not the way to do it)