Bad support of Accessibility API
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.5
- OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Install Dash
- Create a snippet
- Use the snippet inside an iTerm2 window
What happened: Dash is an application that give you the possibility to access to a lot of documentation. It also offer a snippets management system where you can create snippets that you can reuse by typing a keyword wherever you want in the system. Dash is using the OSx Accessibility API to display correctly a popup that is used to fill the snippets placeholder. Problem is that because iTerm2 doesn't fully support the Accessibility API the popup is displayed in the middle of the screen instead of being displayed where the snippet should be paste (where the text cursor is).
What should have happened: The Dash popup should be correctly displayed where the text cursor is like when using Dash with the Terminal.app.