Mis-alignment of powerline symbols
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.2
- OS version: 10.12.6 (16G29)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use Input Mono Condensed as font
- Use a "powerline" prompt
- Note that the powerline symbols are wrong aligned vertically
Note that, in the uploaded settings, I have been fiddling around with the settings for a secondary, non-ascii font. I was able to improve the alignment slightly, by selecting the same font as the primary font, with a smaller size. However, the alignment is still not as perfect as it was before.
This screenshot shows the misalignment. This same prompt was rendered well some releases ago, but since the 3.1 release, the vertical alignment is wrong:
To prove that nothing has changed to the font, here's a screenshot from MacVim, using the same font, still rendering well:
What should have happened: The powerline symbols should align vertically.