Reattach to a tmux ssh session damages umlaut input
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.0.15
- OS version: 10.12.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Start a new ssh session with tmux into my vagrant box with
vagrant ssh -c "tmux -CC new-session -A -s main"
<esc>to detach cleanly
- Reattach to it with the same command
After step 1 I can enter umlauts without any problems, but after step 3 the umlaut entry is damaged and I can't enter äöü anymore.
What should have happened:
Reattaching to tmux sessions should continue to have working umlauts.