Cannot set hotkey to use the Clear key on the Apple keyboard with numeric keypad
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.1.beta.5
- OS version: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open iTerm2's Preferences window and select the Keys tab.
- Enable "Show/hide all windows with a system-wide hotkey".
- Click in the hotkey setting window.
- On an Apple keyboard with numeric keypad, press Cmd-Option and the Clear key on the numeric keypad.
What happened: The Hotkey field shows Command-C. Pressing Command-Option-Clear toggles all iTerm2 windows as expected, but so does pressing Command-C. As this is the system shortcut for Copy, it is less than useful.
What should have happened: The Hotkey field should contain the symbols for Command, Option, and Clear. Pressing Command-Option-Clear should toggle all iTerm2 windows, and no other key should.
Pressing Clear on its own in the Hotkey field shows it as
num-Numlock, which is a bit Windows to say the least! Other keys available on this keyboard, such as F19, seem to work OK — it's just the Clear key which behaves oddly.