All window state lost on iTerm upgrade.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: performed a 3.0.13 to 3.0.14 upgrade
- OS version: 10.12.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- not attaching, don't think it's relevant, I don't know what's inside of it.
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- not a crash, not reproducing the upgrade scenario again.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- I had 2 windows with 10-12 tabs each open.
- Agreed to perform iTerm2 update to 3.0.14 from 3.0.13.
What happened: 3. Post-update, a single new terminal window opened and all my old windows were list.
- Encourages me to postpone iTerm2 upgrades until a time when I have time to deal with lost window state.
What should have happened: 3. Post-update, my window arrangement should have been restored, so I could continue work as quickly as possible.