iTerm is frequently reported as an App Using Significant Energy
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.0.10
- OS version: OS X 10.11.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Run iTerm, open a Terminal window
- Wait for a while, don't use the Terminal
- Click on battery icon in menubar, wait for OS to collect power usage information
What happened: Observed iTerm listed under Apps Using Significant Energy
What should have happened: I'm confused why an idle iTerm application would be listed as using Significant Energy. Is this a problem with OS X's reporting, or is iTerm actually continually working? Are there configuration settings that I should adjust?