Ever since iTerm2 Version 3, I have notice that other apps aren't able to open a new window in iTerm anymore. For example, LaunchBar (using
cmd-T on a specific directory or file) or Docker Quickstart Terminal (it opens a new shell that is set up for Docker). LaunchBar works if I tell it to use Terminal.app, or older versions of iTerm2 (prior to v3), but with iTerm2 v3, it just fails silently. I assume it's a similar problem for Docker Quickstart Terminal, but I don't know how to switch it to use another terminal app now, so I can't fully test that.
- iTerm2 version: Build 2.9.20160313
- OS version: 10.11.3 (15D21)
- Debuglogs are attached below.
Here are some details, in case that gives any clues.
When trying to open from LaunchBar:
- Repro: Selecting a file or dir in LaunchBar, and press
- If iTerm isn't already running, nothing happens.
- If iTerm is running (with or without other windows open), it is brought to the foreground, but nothing else happens. (debuglog.txt from this)
- Expect: It should open a new window/tab in iTerm, and
cdto the selected directory for me.
When trying to open from Docker Quickstart Terminal:
- Repro: Launch the Docker Quickstart Terminal
- If iTerm isn't already running, it launches it, and opens the default iTerm window.
- If iTerm is running, but has no open windows, it creates the default iTerm window. (debuglog.txt from this)
- If iTerm is running and has windows open, iTerm is brought to the foreground, but nothing else happens. Sometimes I see this in the Console:
3/18/16 9:25:50.501 AM launchservicesd: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22 3/18/16 9:25:50.505 AM launchservicesd: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22 3/18/16 9:25:50.573 AM appleeventsd: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22 3/18/16 9:25:50.803 AM launchservicesd: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22 3/18/16 9:25:50.805 AM tccd: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22
- Expect: It should open a new tab and do some setup for Docker (to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what, because it's never succeeded, and I don't know how to change the Docker app to use a different terminal now that I set it once).
This is because iTerm2's applescript changed in a way that isn't backwards compatible.
An issue is already open for Docker: #4287 (closed), and there is a workaround here: https://gist.github.com/gnachman/49cd5f8bcadc874ea8fc (Instructions in the title of the gist)
I made LaunchBar aware of the issue on July 11, 2015. I recommend asking them what the status is, since they should have had time to update by now. https://twitter.com/launchbar/status/620975715278790657?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email
I'll leave this issue open until LaunchBar gets sorted out since there's not already an issue for it.
Title changed from Open from other apps doesn't work to LaunchBar does not support latest Applescript [was: Open from other apps doesn't work]Toggle commit list
Status changed to closedToggle commit list