iTerm2 window placement change on user swap and return
By steve.c.simm... on December 06, 2014 20:12 (imported from Google Code)
** READ THIS! **
Your report will not be accepted if you don't follow these instructions.
1) Attach your ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist to this
issue. - DONE
2) Create a debug log while reproducing the issue. Instructions are here:
https://code.google.com/p/iterm2/wiki/DebugLogging - DONE, attached.
3) If you are reporting a performance problem, do this:
https://code.google.com/p/iterm2/wiki/HowToSample - Not a performance issue
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Use dual head, mirrored, four screens in Mission Commander. This may not be required, but that's my setup where this this has been occurring.
- Place a pair of iterm windows roughly side by side on the screen with screen space around both
- Switch to another user or to the login screen
- Log back in
What is the expected output? The two windows should be as they were before
What do you see instead? One or both windows will have moved, usually to or towards the upper left corner of the screen. All other application windows remain as before.
What version of iTerm2 are you using? Build 220.127.116.1141103
What OS version are you using? 10.9.4 on my home iMac, patched to current.
Please provide any additional information below.
I did not notice this performance prior to 20141103. Problem does not seem to occur on my laptop, which runs 10.9.5 with iTerm2 18.104.22.16841103. However, it's employer-supplied and is loaded up with a lot of other crap that futzes around with OSX.