External mouse with scroll wheel scrolls very fast
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.4.4beta3 (also tried most recent nightly)
- OS version: macOS 11.1
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use an external mouse with a scroll wheel and try scrolling up and down. It's way too fast.
What happened: Scrolling with the mouse wheel jumps 12 lines for each click/notch of the mouse wheel.
What should have happened: In previous versions (definitely in 3.4.3, and up until a recent 3.4.4 beta) scrolling would jump one line per click.
I also tried the most recent nightly since I saw another issue about trackpad scroll issues in Big Sur, but it didn't fix it.