copy and paste if one screen is devided into several by command D or command shift D
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: latest
- OS version: big sur (but the issue is there since many versions and was never fixed)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- copy and paste works normal in one window or in respect with differen tabs
- Split a window with command D and mark some text in one region of the screen and command c
- Change to the other region and try command v to paste it. Doesn‘t work
What happened: as explained copy/paste is not working between several splits (created by command D or shift command D).
What should have happened: copy and paste should work