Random hangs for no good reason. it's back :(
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.4.0beta6
- OS version: 10.15.6 (19G2021)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Use the terminal normally. This happens with multiple tabs or just with one tab. I don't have multiple windows.com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
I've not found a way to trigger it specifically, sadly.... and by the time I realize it's happening, I'm having trouble getting the monitoring going to attach that.
Several times a day, the terminal hangs for 10-45 seconds with the spinny wheel of mac doom.
What should have happened:
No spinny wheel of doom.