AppleScript (osascript) no longer works in iTerm2-3_4_20200630-nightly
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: iTerm2-3_4_20200630-nightly
- OS version: MacOS 10.15.5
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memorcom.googlecode.iterm2.plisty usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open OSAScript Editor ("Script Editor")
tell application "iTerm" create window with default profile end tell
- Hit Play
- Observe this error:
"iTerm got an error: Application isn’t running"
What should have happened:
A new window should have been created.
This started happening in latest nightlies. Maybe it's intentional? In any case, this breaks various tools, like ttabs and others.
This is working in Build 3.3.11