high cpu usage despite no activity
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.11
- OS version: 10.14.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog[debuglog.txt](/uploads/0d4698fd9f599c30a3652a594d264995/debuglog.txt)
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample[Sample_of_iTerm2.txt](/uploads/9da34473d9808905b56136e7b7b514b5/Sample_of_iTerm2.txt)
What happened: Iterm2 CPU usage is at 15%. It used to be 60%, but i read through this forum and saw the advice to turn on adaptive frame rate. This caused CPU usage to drop to 15%, but that's still too high for me to untether the power cord from my laptop.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem: this happens consistently after a tmux -CC attach, and continues happening even if i detach from tmux. in the snapshot you're seeing, i just have some idle shells running, and nothing is producing output.
What should have happened: When iterm2 starts, its CPU usage is close to 0. I would hope for it to return to 0.