Attempt to drag iTerm window causes undesired tear-off of a random iTerm tab
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.9
- OS version: 10.14.6
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plistcom.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog (Not relevant)
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. No Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs NO.
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot NO.
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Recent change in UI behavior that's driving me crazy. I can only drag the iTerm window from a very small area on the left of the tab bar, otherwise the tab gets "torn off" into a new window. Not a UI improvement; I like tabs and like the old behavior.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Try to drag the iTerm window from the tab bar.
- Oops!! I was too far to the right of the tab bar.
- Tab bar I touched is torn off into a separate window. NOT WHAT I WANTED.
I'm hoping very much there is a preference to disable this obnoxious behavior, but I cannot find it. What happened:
What should have happened:
The window should drag, rather than (1) not moving the window, and (2) creating a new window to create een more clutter on my desktop.