Prompt Mark & Vim Mode
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.10beta4
- OS version: 10.15.4, FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p5
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- I'm having porblems with custom shell prompts and the shell's vi mode. I've had these problems with ZSH + zprezto + Sorin Prompt, ZSH + zprezto + Spaceship Prompt, Fish + Starship Prompt. If I add iTerm shell integration to the end of my shell's config, entering vim mode's normal mode won't change the prompt's vim indicator any more.
Prompt mark is shown.
Prompt's vim indicator won't change if I exit insert mode by pressing
What should have happened:
Prompt's vim indicator should change if I exit insert mode by pressing
When I add iTerm shell integration before the prompt, the indicator keeps working but I won't have a prompt mark.