Drawing performance drops when ligatures enabled
Drawing performance drops (and FPS meter disappears) when ligatures enabled.
I am using the "Fira Code" font, but this also seems to affect any other font that supports ligatures.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.9
- OS version: 10.15.4 (19E287)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Enable Advanced -> Experimental Features -> Show FPS Meter
- Go to Settings -> Profiles -> Text
- Enable "Use Ligatures"
What happened: The FPS meter disappears when font ligatures are enabled. It comes back when ligatures are disabled again. Also more importantly while ligatures are enabled drawing performance drops a lot. Scrolling up and down the terminal becomes much slower while ligatures are enabled.
What should have happened: Drawing performance should be the same regardless of ligatures being enabled or not.