[ENQUIRY] Shell Integration: Command History
Hi, I'm very interested in Shell Integration's Command History feature. I routinely manage several large clusters, so I need to manually sync command histories between hosts, because I wanna use the command I've just typed on another machine without having to sync, find, and possibly retype it again. Also there're security concerns leaving history file on a production machine.
But current implementation of Command History feature have some issues, and I'd like to fix them and create a pull request.
- searching algorithm is somewhat weird, is it OK if I change it? maybe by adding a setting to toggle different search modes.
- when searching and no match is found, no visual clue is given, the popup suggestion window just disappears.
- lack of "Advanced Search" mode for searching commands across cluster/hosts, filter by directory, etc.
- random lost of Command History entries, I'm still trying to pinpoint the issue.
- lack of ability to trigger popup suggestion window automatically.
- lack of ability to Import Command History from txt files.
But before I start, I would like to learn the original design, and get help on how to best approach these issues.
- why there're a separate
ZCOMMANDHISTORYENTRYtable, wouldn't it be simpler if we merge
ZCOMMANDHISTORYCOMMANDUSEand drop the rest of its columns? both
ZTIMEOFLASTUSEcan be trivially computed from
ZCOMMANDHISTORYCOMMANDUSE. making a "flat" structure also helps further code iterations like "Import Command History from txt files". on that front, I would also like to merge/remove
ZRECENTDIRECTORYtables, is that OK?
thanks in advance, sincerely