MacOs Mojave Build 3.3.9 - Unlimited Scrollback not working
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version:Build 3.3.9
- OS version: 10.14.6 (18G2022)
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plistcom.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at debuglog.txt.zip
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open fresh Terminal with saved window arrangement (it does not happen when I open a new window and split horizontally)
- Run command that exceeds a certain limit
- Scroll back, stops at some point, even though current profile has unlimited selected
What happened: Scrollback did not go back indefinitely
What should have happened: Scrollback should have gone back until beginning of command entry
This only happens when I use a saved window arrangement. It seems this arrangement is not associated with the Default profile, where I have indefinite scrollback enabled. When opening a new window and splitting horizontally, the problem does not occur. When I right click on the tab that has the problem and click edit session I only see the Default profile.