Password Manager Auto-Select/Insert Bugs
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.9
- OS version: macOS 10.15.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a profile trigger to open password manager, the parameter is the account name of choice
- Open profile, password manager opens but account name is not selected (search is) - this is the first bug
- Select password, hit "Enter" key. Enter does not insert password as indicated by highlighted "Enter Password" button, instead it starts editing the account name - this is bug 2
What happened: Password for account name X (parameter X of profile trigger) was not selected when password manager opened, and password is not entered when Enter key is pressed after selecting password
What should have happened: Password should be automatically selected when the account is a parameter of the trigger, and hitting Enter key should select that password instead of entering edit mode for account nam!