tmux -CC over ssh detaches when spawning new windows that quickly close
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.9
- OS version: MacOS 10.14.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. debuglog.txt.gz]
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- ssh to a remote server (ssh localhost does not repro; it seems latency matters)
- in the newly opened window,
tmux new-window echo
What happened: Error appears: "error: can't find window @9", with additional information. You are detached from tmux session.
What should have happened: New tmux window opens, runs, and closes. You remain attached to tmux.
On my machine,
tmux new-window sleep 0.1 repros, but
tmux new-window sleep 0.2 does not repro, so I think this is a race condition where the new window is being closed before iTerm tries to do something with it.
I run cron jobs that open and close tmux windows, which are affected by this issue.